1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup butter (one stick)
1/2 cup of flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 tsp. chicken boullion
1 1/2 cup milk
1 1/4 cup hot water
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 jar whole pimentos, chopped (optional)
Cook green pepper in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in bouillion, milk, and water. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in chicken and pimento and heat throughly.
Serve over potatoes or rice.
1 comment:
This recipe is really good. I haven't ever added the pimento. I also realize that it isn't the most healthy recipe because of the butter, but I haven't found any substitutes yet. It's really easy, I hope you guys enjoy it.
Post a Comment