courtesy of The Sisters Cafe
6 Tablespoons Honey
5 Tablespoons Lime Juice (about 1-2 limes)
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/2 Tsp. garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (about 3-4 chicken breasts)
8-10 flour tortillas
2 1/2-3 cups monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream
Mix the first four ingredients and toss with the shredded chicken. Marinate in a ziplock for at least an hour (I prefer to marinate it all day or overnight).
Pour about 1/2 cup of of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and cheese (reserving 1 cup of cheese for the top).
Mix remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and any leftover marinade. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.
Suzanne's Note: These are really delicious and really fast to put together. Mixing the enchilada sauce with the cream makes it more visually appealing to my kids because it doesn't look green anymore, just like another cream sauce. The chicken would be really good on its own too. It would taste great with tacos or something if you didn't want the enchiladas.
2 comments:
These have become a family favorite. Joe has been requesting these more then my other enchiladas.
Wow- I haven't looked in a while and now I'm finding all these fun new recipes I want to try! Way to go! These are looking great!
Post a Comment