Saturday, May 9, 2009

Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream Cake


courtesy of Kraft Foods

1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
1 tub (8 oz) cool whipped cream topping
1 pkg. (3.9 oz) Instant chocolate pudding mix
8 Oreo cookies chopped
12 Vanilla ice cream sandwiches

POUR fudge topping into medium bowl. Whisk in 1 cup COOL WHIP. Add dry pudding mix; stir 2 min. Stir in chopped cookies. 

ARRANGE 4 ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on 24-inch-long piece of foil; top with half the COOL WHIP mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sandwiches. Frost top and sides with remaining COOL WHIP. Bring up foil sides; double fold top and ends to loosely seal packet.

Freeze for 4 hours.

Suzanne's Note: Yummy Yummy. Sorry about the blurry picture.  We have been making this recipe for a few years. In this particular picture  we forgot to buy Oreos so we did m&ms instead.  It was really good but I prefer the Oreos.  In the past we have also gotten different flavors of ice cream sandwiches, so you can pretty much play with this recipe to get it how you like it.  It is perfect because you can just keep it in the freezer and cut off a piece whenever you want and it keeps for a long time.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

In honor of my birthday(two weeks ago) I posted a recipe of my birthday cake. It is really yummy and cheaper then buying the fancy ones from cold stone. I love ice cream and I love chocolate so this is awesome.