This is from my mother-in-law, Marilyn Crozier. When Paul and I were first married I made Paul Mac N Cheese from a box. Big no-no...because apparantely Paul had grown up on his Mother's homemade version that puts a shame to the box. I have not made him Mac N Cheese from a box since. Of course, kids love it.
Makes 1 8X8 pan.
2 Cups Macaroni
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup milk, and 1/2 soup can of milk
Cook Macaroni according to package directions. Mix soup with 1/2 soup can of milk. Mix it with macaroni. Cut cheese into cubes or slices, or shred. Spray pan with cooking spray.
Layer 1.) 1/2 of macaroni mixture and a little pepper.
2.) 1/2 of cubed cheese
Repeat. Push top layer of cheese into macaroni.
Pour 1 cup milk over top. Cover wil foil. Bake on top rack at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Take off foil and bake for 45 minutes more. (1 and 1/2 hour total).
Personally I usually double the recipe so that it will fill an entire 13X9 pan.
Variation: 1/2 mozzerella and 1/2 SHARP cheddar cheese.
2 comments:
Just recently my morning sickness has gotten very bad. I may be able to post more recipes, but please dont count on it or be too dissapointed. I am almost 9 weeks so hopefully this will all be over in a month.
This looks good. Thank you for posting. I hope that your morning sickness will pass soon.
Post a Comment