Then add to that 3 heaping tbs corn meal, 1 heaping tbs brown sugar, 2 eggs, and 1/2 stick of butter cut into small pieces. Liquify that for another 30 seconds.
Add 1 heaping tbs of baking powder and a scant 1/2 tbs of baking soda.
Pulse blender.
Let the ingredients rise to the top of the blender, then pour on your griddle and cook like regular pancakes.
Callie's Note: Don't have buttermilk? Mix 1 cup milk and 1 TBS vinegar or lemon juice. (for this recipe you'll need to double this and then toss the extras.)
3 comments:
Hey Callie,
I am interested in your pancakes! Does it really work to grind whole wheat kernels in the blender to turn it into flour?
Also, in your recipe you say "add 3 heaping tbs" I think you forgot to say what item of 3 tbs you are suppose to add. Thanks for your help! I cant wait to make these because we have tons of wheat kernels that we would like to use from our food storage.
Ashlee
I just changed the settings so that we will all recieve an email when there are comments posted.
Hey girls! Sorry for the lacking recipe, the missing ingredient is 3 TBS of corn meal. Next time I will be sure to proof read my recipes.
Believe it or not this recipe really works it's like a miniature science project for breakfast. If you have kids they'll totally love watching the chemical reaction happen. The only confession I have to make is that I have not tried the alternative to buttermilk for this recipe so If you want the recipe to for sure work use buttermilk if your up for an experiment try the "soured milk". I have tried sour milk on several other recipes and it has worked fine, but just to let you know I haven't used it for this recipe.
PS Thanks Suzanne for changing the setting to notify us of updates and sorry Ashley for it taking me so long to respond to your comments.
Post a Comment