Thursday, February 12, 2009

Orange Cinnamon French Toast



4 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 Tablespoons honey
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 eggs
1/2 cup Orange Juice
6 slices of bread

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 
In a bowl combine butter, honey, and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Spread to coat the bottom of the dish..
In a shallow bowl beat the eggs and orange juice. Dip bread into egg mixture and place in a single layer into the baking dish.
Bake for 15 or 20 minutes or until brown. Serve with honey butter or warm syrup.

Suzanne's note: I used wheat bread and cooked it for 20 minutes. It didn't look really brown to me on the side of the bread facing up but it was done. It can also be tricky to get all 6 slices of bread to fit into the pan. The honey and butter that you cook the bread in turns into a crunchy carmel-like layer on one side of the bread, so I didn't feel the need to serve anything on top of it. This was delicious and I love the fact that it is crunchy and not soggy just as if you had cooked it on a griddle.

2 comments:

suzanne said...

Yum yum. My kids loved this and so did I. French toast in the oven that I don't have to baby sit so I don't burn it, makes my life easier.

Lyd Stew said...

Yippy- a new cooking site! I love finding new recipes to try out! I'm flattered by the link! This looks delish- I'm getting some great ideas! Thanks for your comment!