Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hot Stuffed Vegetable Couscous

1 1/2 cups chicken broth
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup uncooked couscous

2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup carrots, diced small (I used a whole carrot)
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
1/2 cup onion, diced small
1/2 cup zucchini, diced ( I used the whole zucchini)

1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes

1/2 cup chopped parsley, optional
1/2 cup garbanzo beans, optional

1. Place broth, 1 Tablespoon of oil, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous. Cover and remove from heat immediately. Let stand for 5 minutes. While it is standing proceed to step 2. Fluff with a Fork after five minutes.
2. In a frying pan heat up remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add all of the vegetables. Saute for 5 minutes or until desired texture is reached. When vegetables are cooked, stir the seasonings in with the vegetables.
3. Stir couscous and vegetable mix together and serve.

2 comments:

suzanne said...

If you don't try the chicken or the naan bread you have to at least try this. My mouth is watering right now thinking about it.

Ashlee said...

Suzanne, this looks awesome! I am totally going to try this. Paul and I recently have eliminated all animal products from our diet -- meat and dairy, and this would work perfectly!

Ashlee

P.S. I really like the new background you put up. It looks good. I need to post something!