Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken

courtesy of whatsonmymenu.blogspot.com

Here is a delicious, easy slow cooker meal. I love finding more options to put in my crockpot. Joe LOVED it. It tasted great served with baked potatoes and green beans.

Ingredients:
1/2 c barbecue sauce
2-3 apples, grated (I used 3)
juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
6-8 slices bacon
salt and pepper

Directions:
-In a small bowl, combine bbq sauce, grated apple and lemon juice.
-Wrap 1-2 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast half. Place wrapped chicken in slow cooker and top with bbq-sauce mixture.
-Set slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Here is a recipe to make your busy lives easier. Made in the crock pot or oven you can have dinner ready in 10 minutes like I did. I love the combo of chicken and bacon.