So I have been on the hunt for slow cooker meals to help make my life easier after the baby is born. I came across this recipe on a new blog called What's on my menu. The use of canned enchilada sauce in a soup intrigued me. So I tried it and it was really good. Even Ali liked it. I made nachos for the kids to dip in their soup. I garnished mine with pepper jack cheese and avocado and the cheese was a must it gave the soup that spicy flavor that I love. And it got a thumbs up from my sister and brother in law so it can't be too bad. There is a very beautiful picture of the soup on the What's on my menu blog if you want to go look at it.
courtesy of Whats on my menu
Ingredients:
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
1 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (I used red bell pepper)
1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce (I used mild red, I also used only about half of my 16 oz. can)
1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups milk (I used 1%)
1 cup shredded Pepper jack cheese
2 chicken breasts, or one can of canned chicken (I used frozen chicken breasts and threw them in completely frozen and it still came out beautiful)
avocado, optional
tortilla chips, optional
Directions:
In a slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper.
Place 2 chicken breasts on top of mixture.
In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker.
Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite sized pieces. Add chicken back into soup.
Top with pepper jack cheese and serve. Can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips.
1 comment:
Here is another slow cooker meal. I love mexican flavors and this was really easy and yummy
Post a Comment