
I was so happy that this recipe turned out. I have been searching for another banana bread recipe that would be healthier then the one I have used for years which has a lot of shortening. I am so excited because this bread was so moist and flavorful, without the shortening or butter found in almost every other recipe that I found. And I like it as much or more then my old recipe.
Recipe courtesy Chef Joanne Chang of Flour Bakery in Boston, via Foodnetwork
Ingredients
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 1/2 bananas, very ripe, mashed (about 2 cups mashed bananas)
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream (I used nonfat plain yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Directions
Set oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
In a separate bowl,beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. (I used a hand electric mixer for about 5 minutes)
Drizzle in oil in with eggs. Add mashed bananas, creme fraiche, and vanilla to egg mixture. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts. Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes one loaf in a 9x5 inch bread pan.
1 comment:
If you are a fan of Banana bread, you will LOVE this. It is a very tasty healthier version. I am in love with the chef who was smart enough to come up with it.
Post a Comment