This came together in a snap even with a little browning of the meat. I think it took me 10 minutes total to get it in the crockpot. This was so delicious. The meat was so tender that it started falling apart when I started eating it. If you aren't a big fan a swiss cheese it is still really good without it. I served this over whole wheat pasta which was good. I also think that it would have been awesome served over mashed potatoes. I used my smallest crockpot for this one. I think it was about 3-3.5 quarts, since to properly slow cook something you need to have the crockpot 3/4 way full or it will just dry out your food.
courtesy of Kraft Foods
1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
courtesy of Kraft Foods
1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1 boneless chuck blade or shoulder steak (1 lb.), cut into 4 pieces
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup beef broth
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup shredded KRAFT Swiss Cheese
Make It!
HEAT dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, coat steaks with flour; gently shake off excess flour. Add to skillet; cook 2 to 3 min. on each side or until steaks are browned on both sides. Steaks won't be fully cooked through Remove from heat.
COMBINE tomatoes, broth and tomato paste in slow cooker. Add steaks and peppers; cover with lid. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours (or on LOW 8 to 10 hours).
SPRINKLE with cheese just before serving.
1 comment:
Yum Yum. This came out like a succulent roast. I hope you try it.
Post a Comment